GhostBSD 3.0 Almost Ready to Go
GhostBSD is a FreeBSD derivative that aims to make BSDs easier and bring GNOME to BSD users, although LXDE and OpenBox are also available. The third and last release candidate for upcoming 3.0 was recemtly released for final testing.
GhostBSD 3.0 RC3 comes with Firefox 16.0.1, LibreOffice 3.5.7, and GNOME 2.32 (GNOME 3 in planning). It also ships with other applications such as Abiword, Evolution, Gnumeric, and Totem.
Changes for 3.0 include:
- * New graphic installer
- * Based on FreeBSD 9.1-RC3
- * Bwi and Bwn firmware for Broadcom
- * New WiFi configuration method added
- * Lxmusic replaces Audacious
- * Xchat has been added
- * Mixmos have been added to LXDE and OpenBox
- * Xorg now automagically configured
- * Slim has been replace by Gdm
- * Support for ZFS