Kororaa 16 Beta Released
Chris Smart recently announced that Kororaa 16 Beta has been released. Kororaa is a Fedora-based distribution aimed at making everyday desktop computing a bit easier straight out of the box. Version 15 was released in September followed by an update in October.
Kororaa 16 will offer the latest in annoying desktop environments as well as all the goodies Kororaa usually brings. GNOME 3 with customizations and KDE with custom layouts begin the adventure. Other features include:
* Third party repositories (Adobe, Chrome, RPMFusion, VirtualBox)
* Firefox 8 as the default web browser (integrated with KDE)
* Firefox extensions included (Adblock Plus, DownThemAll, Flashblock, Xclear)
* Microblogging client (Choqok for KDE, Empathy for GNOME)
* Full multimedia support (excluding Flash, see next)
* Installer for Adobe Flash plugin
* Jockey device manager to handle drivers such as AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
* Video editor (Kdenlive for KDE, OpenShot for GNOME)
* VLC as the default media player
* SELinux enabled (particularly worthwhile for Flash)
* English (Australian/British) support & dictionaries
Developers are currently working on an upgrade procedure and hope one will be ready by final release. Download information can be found on the kororaa.org Website.