LibreOffice 3.5.5 Released
The Document Foundation recently announced the availability of LibreOffice 3.5.5, the current stable version of the popular office suite. "This release fixes a number of bugs and further improves the stability of the software, making it the best version available for corporate and enterprise adoption."
The main update mentioned in the announcement is "in the handling of fonts as well as enhancements with regards to importing and exporting third-party formats." Some of the other improvements include:
* make recorded border macros run
* better drawing support for borders of different width & styles
* do not cut first character of field text
* lots of various crash fixes
* fixed character count (with spaces) incorrect with numbering on
* fixed Bad transitions if "use hardware acceleration" is enabled
* fixed unable to update LibreOffice without resetting user profile
"The next major release 3.6 of LibreOffice, including new and exciting
features, will be released within the next weeks, with the current 3.5
series receiving ongoing maintenance."