LibreOffice 4.1.1 Released Fixing 101 Bugs
Here we go again with another LibreOffice update, this time to the 4.1 branch released last month. LibreOffice 4.1.1 was announced today in Berlin with "a large number of improved interoperability features with proprietary and legacy file formats." This branch is developed for those wishing the latest in features, "for enterprise adoptions, though, The Document Foundation suggests LibreOffice 4.0.5, backed by certified professionals."
Many of the updates this cycle were for importing and exporting bugs. One interesting bug fixed was fdo#67388, in which files in .deb packages weren't owned by root:root. Another fixed was fdo#67235 where the Timefield is limited automatically to max. 00:00:01 in Base. "Copying an email address and pasting it in a plain text editor shows U+0001 instead of the email address, also when referring the cell in a formula expression" in Calc was also patched.
Some of the others include:
* Slide appears quite garbled when imported from PPTX
* PRINTING: Lines around fontwork not smooth
* FILESAVE as .docx: paragraph background pictures lost when reopen * Huge text boxes
* start time regression vs. 3.6.6/4.0.4
* Fontwork not anti-aliased and with irritating rendering artifacts on >200% zoom
* Spreadsheet Reads Any Number of Spaces in Cell as a Single Space
* EDITING: rotating a picture after cropping it produces an error
* Saving to ODS loses text formatting
* Exporting a odg to jpg or tiff generates error
Get your copy at the usual location at www.libreoffice.org.