LibreOffice 4.1.2 Released
LibreOffice 4.1.2 was announced today from Berlin by The Document Foundation. This release brings "a large number of improved interoperability features with proprietary and legacy file formats." This comes on the heels of the big LibreOffice conference, which was mentioned in the announcement.
This minor release is said to be "another step forward in the process of improving the overall quality and stability of LibreOffice" and, indeed, three release candidates were issued representing 95 squashed bugs. Looking through the changelogs one sees a lot of various crash fixes as well as a lot of compatibility, importing, and formatting work. Other interesting tidbits from the changelogs include:
* Several VoiceOver functionality bugs fixed
* Allow custom paths for user dictionaries
* Undo does not undo middle-click pasted test
* Writer hangs when opening large files
* FILESAVE Can not save a modified document with backups enabled
* can't save new autocorrect entries or delete existing ones
* Spellcheck dialog title doesn't show the language
This release is recommended for those running running this newer 4.1 branch. Downloads are at the usual place or check your distro's update manager.