openSUSE 12.3 in the Final Stretches
Jos Poortvliet, openSUSE head cheerleader, announced the second release candidate for openSUSE 12.3. He said, "A large number of bugs has been fixed and a number of packages has been updated. Major changes include PulseAudio, the kernel and Firefox."
Some of the important package updates are:
- * GNOME 3.6.3
- * Linux 3.7.9
- * Firefox 19.0
- * KDE 4.10
- * LibreOffice 3.6.3
- * GIMP 2.8.2
- * DigiKam 3.0
- * GCC 4.7.2
- * Xorg X Server 1.13.2
The openSUSE 12.3 RC2 GNOME Desktop
Some of the other important changes to this release and for the upcoming final include:
* UEFI and Secure Boot support - "It should be possible to install openSUSE 12.3 on a UEFI machine without problems."
* Changes in openSUSE Live images: The Live images have increased in size to shed the shackles of the CD format for DVD and USB disks.
* "openSUSE 12.3 final will ship with a XFCE based Rescue LiveCD"
* Newly released Enlightenment E17
* Completion of the systemd migration
* New gorgeous look
* Replaced MySQL with MariaDB
Read the full announcement for more UEFI details and get your copy here. openSUSE 12.3 is due March 13, 2013.