Winners of the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards Announced
Google and O'Reilly have announced the winners of the 2008 Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards. Hat tip to Matt Asay for calling this out. I was very pleased to see one of the people behind Moodle named one of the winners. We've written widely about it. These awards, by the way, recognize special people in the open source community, not just projects. Here are the winners:
- Best Community Amplifier: Chris Messina - BarCamp, Microformats and Spread Firefox
- Best Contributor: Angela Byron - Drupal
- Best Education Enabler: Martin Dougiamas - Moodle
- Best Interoperator: Andrew Tridgell - Samba and Rsync
- Defender of Rights: Harald Welte - gplviolations.org
Congratulations to the winners. In addition to being pleased to see Moodle here, it's nice to see Angela Byron named best contributor, for Drupal. OStatic is largely based on Drupal.