xTuple Expands ERP Software With Cloud Computing, Drop Ship
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software vendor xTuple extended the functionality of its flagship product, xTuple ERP, to include time and expense management, drop ship purchasing, and more. xTuple ERP 3.5 is designed with an eye toward automating time-intensive routine tasks that normally fall on employees to do manually.
Users of the xTuple's PostBooks accounting edition can also run their xTuple database in the cloud via Amazon EC2. In fact, during April, xTuple cloud service will be available at no charge to customers, giving the company a chance to get feedback before turning it into a paid service.
New features and improvements in xTuple ERP 3.5 include:
• Drop ship purchasing: Now taking a sales order, immediately purchasing the item and having it shipped directly to the customer is fully automated and seamless for distribution companies.
• Expanded support for tooling: Facilitates managing and consuming tools in the manufacturing process
• Pricing effectivity: Dramatically increases the flexibility of the pricing engine with regard to effectivity dates.
• Time and expense management: xTuple 3.5 supports individual time and expense entry, optionally tied to Project Tasks.
• Powerful new user-configurable filters in the CRM module: Allows non-programmers to customize the most-often used displays.
• Support for PostgreSQL 8.4 and Qt 4.6.
• Embedded MetaSQL editor: Enables power users to take deeper dives into custom reporting and use conditional data throughout the application.
The PostBooks Edition of xTuple ERPis licensed under the Common Public Attribution License (CPAL), while the Standard and Manufacturing editions are commercially licensed. All versions of xTuple run on Linux, Mac, and Windows, and include support for multiple tax structures, languages, and currencies.