Name: Zyra Marie Largo Year & Section: 3-Diamond Date: 7-11-11
COMPONENTS OF PROSE & POETRY
- A type of literature that is written expression without formal pattern of verse or meter.
- Literary works in the from of sentences and paragraphs
FICTION - a literary work based on the imagination and not necessarily on facts.
NONFICTION - a prose writing that is about real people, places and events. It is largely concerned with factual information.
- Literary works in the form ...view middle of the document...
• Theme - is a broad idea, message, or moral of a story
• Setting -
the representational time and place if events in a literary work.
- Literary works presented in lines and stanzas
- Poetry is writing in language chosen and arranged to create specific emotional response through meanings and sounds and rhythm.
COMPONENTS OF POETRYb
Form - Each poem has some kind of form design, a configuration of all its parts. Generally, poems are classified as fixed or closed forms & open forms.
Rhyme Scheme - the regular pattern of rhyming words in a poem.
Rhythm - refers to the occurrence of a pattern of beats or stresses in spoken or written language.
Tone - the tone of a poem conveys an attitude towards its subject or theme.
Persona - considered as the speaker or fictitious character created by the poet to serve as the "voice" of the poem.
Imagery - the use of imagery is an attempt of the writer to concretize abstract ideas and emotions.
Figurative Language - writers use figurative language to state ideas in vivid and imaginative ways. A statement not to be taken literally.
Rhyme - the repetition of similar or identical sounds at the end or middle of verses or lines in poetry.