1. An abstract summarizes, usually in one paragraph of 300 words or less, the major aspects of the entire paper, in this article, the writer talks about the positive sides of an interactive class and the effects it has on the instructor and the students its main purpose is to help the reader quickly ascertain the paper's purpose.
2. I strongly feel that this is an APA style of writing which is used here as the source page is called as an reference instead of an Works cited if it was MLA secondly, The date follows the author and is in parentheses whereas if this was MLA The date should have followed the publisher in the citation and is not in parentheses. Thirdly The author's last name is spelled out and the first name is reduced to initials whereas in MLA the author's full name (first and last) should have been spelt out.
3. Yes, it is peer reviewed and its done to ensure the article's quality. The article is more likely to be scientifically valid, reach reasonable conclusions. This is also the official publication of the American Psychological Association's Division on Teaching of Psychology.
4. The first section deeply emphasize on promoting student learning when they are in service of the course, as is the case with collaboration and group work within the framework of active learning. They argue their point by proving that student-to-student interactions, even when off-topic, serve to build a sense of belonging which, in turn, improves students' perceptions of the class period and perceptions of the course and may even improve student learning. They also prove this by giving various examples of different experiments they performed as well.
5. The writers' thesis statement is a claim by the writer that can be argued or disputed by others. The statement is typically one sentence but may contain more in rare circumstances. In this article, it shows us that students who had more interactions in class would feel a greater sense of belonging in that class, which might then predict greater enjoyment of the class, and better grades.
6. The most likely audience will be the teachers as they are most impacted by this as this article can give them...