Rene Garcia Jr ATI January 19, 2019
Continuity of Care: Interventions Promoting Independence (RN QSEN - Patient-centered Care, Active Learning Template - Basic Concept, RM CH RN 7.0 Chp 7)
· Groups partnering to elicit needed change in the community are more powerful than a nurse working independently with an individual
· Community partnerships are essential to improving and maintaining healthy communities. The community health nurses should facilitate the development of partnerships within the community.
· Characteristics of successful partnerships is having shared power, shared goals, integrity, flexibility, and negotiation skills.
Crisis Management: Crisis Intervention for Intimate Partner Abuse (RM MH RN 10.0 Chp 29, Active Learning Template - Basic Concept, RN QSEN - Safety)
· Crisis intervention is designed to provide rapid assistance for individuals or groups who have an urgent need. The initial task of the nurse is to promote a sense of safety by assessing the client’s potential for suicide or homicide
· A crisis is an acute, time-limited (usually lasting 4-6 weeks) event during which a client experiences an emotional response that cannot be managed with the clients normal coping mechanisms
· Everyone experiences crisis. A crisis is not pathological but represents a struggle for equilibrium and adaptation.
Disorders of the Eye: Evaluating a Client's Understanding of Cataract Removal (RM AMS RN 10.0 Chp 12, RN QSEN - Patient-centered Care, Active Learning Template - Therapeutic Procedure)
· A cataract is an opacity in the lens of an eye that impairs vision.
· The common cause of cataracts is age-related, traumatic blunt or penetration injury or foreign body, toxic chemicals like long term use of corticosteroids, beta blockers, meiotic medications.
· It is usually associated with diabetes mellitus, hypoparathyroidism, down syndrome and chronic sunlight exposure
· Cataracts can be determined upon examination of the lens using an ophthalmoscope
Facility Protocols: Discovering a Medication Error (Active Learning Template - Basic Concept, RM Leadership 7.0 Chp. 5)
· Provide data for performance improvement studies regarding the incidence of client injuries and care-related errors.
· Errors in the work place should be filed when given medication errors, procedure/treatment errors, needle stick, client falls, visitor/volunteer, threats made to client or staff, and loss of property.
· Nurses must ensure the safety of client’s valuables. If a client is admitted to the facility and does not have a family member present, secure the clients valuable inaccordance with facility policy.
Managing Client Care: Planning an Audit of Quality Control (RM Leadership 7.0 Chp. 1, Active Learning Template - Basic Concept)
· Quality improvement is the process used to identify and resolve performance deficiencies. It includes measuring performance against a set of predetermined standards.
· There is different types of audits like structure audits, process audi...