Business Ethics Case Assignments
ONLY ANSWER CASE QUESTIONS ASSIGNED TO YOUR SECTION
There are multiple cases where you are to provide detailed answers to questions provided by me. Your goal is to answer each question which as much detail as possible, yet without any rambling. You are not to write more than 1,200 words per case. Your grade will be either a check or check minus. If you receive a check minus, this means that the assignment did not meet standard, and will go against your case grade. You will not be afforded the opportunity to resubmit your assignment. There are no late submissions.
Following are the case questions that you need to make sure are included and answered in your case.
1. How should Barner respond to the invitation for IKEA to have a representative appear on the upcoming broadcast of the German video program?
2. What actions should she take regarding the IKEA supply contract with Rangan exports?
3. What long-term strategy would you suggest she take regarding IKEA’s continued operation in India? Should the company stay or should it exit?
Chiquita Banana - Blood Bananas Case
1. What do you think were the root causes for Chiquita’s actions in Colombia that ultimately led to their conviction?
2. Do you think Chiquita or its managers had a choice? Why or why not?
3. What other companies or industries do you think should be worried about Chiquita’s experiences? How does this story change your perspective on doing business abroad?
4. What can current CEO Fernando Aguirre do now to restore Chiquita’s reputation and ensure future competitiveness?
Kwikaxess: A New Business Model
1. Would you invest in KwikAxess? Why or why not?
2. What is the role of language and management speak in masking a very disturbing reality?
NOTE you will need to explore and explain management speak!
The Carlson Company and Global Corporate Citizenship: The Protection of Chilren in the Travel and Tourism Industry
1. What will be some of the major challenges facing Carlson Nelson should she decide to give the go-ahead for constructing the Regency hotel complex in Costa Rica?
2. Identify Carlson Nelson’s resources of influence within Carlson Companies.
3. Explain how stakeholder theory relates to the case, and what stakeholders matter here?
4. What possible burdens do businesses take on when they agree to abide by voluntary codes of conduct?
5. Discuss potential advantages AND DISADVANTAGES to Carlson Companies if it decides to develop the hotel in Papagayo.
6. If the hotel project in Papagayo is successful and is widely adopted by other resort hotel complexes, wht impact could this have on Costa Rica?
7. What issues might surround the implementation of the Code at the new hotel in Papagayo, should Carlson decide to proceed with the project? How would the Code’s implementation actual play out?...