Good Samaritan Catholic College
Year 10 Commerce
Task 3 2018
Research / In class written response
Date due &
Hand in instructions
This task will be written in class with 50 minutes writing time. It will take place on:
Thursday 23rd August 2018, Day 4, Week 5.
Ms. Roche’s class
· Period 4, C15
Mr. Garzaniti’s class
· Period 3, C21
Mr. Newman’s class
· Period 3, C11
5.1 – applies consumer, financial, business, legal and employment concepts and terminology in a variety of contexts
5.2 – analyses the rights and responsibilities of individuals in a range of contexts
5.5 – evaluates options for solving problems and issues
5.7 – researches and assesses information using a variety of sources
5.8 – explains information using a variety of forms
In class, students have been studying legal issues relating to the workplace. This task will ask students to address one question in regards to anti-discrimination legislation and the extent to which it protects individuals in the workplace.
Description of Activity/ Task Instructions
In class response
Students will need to answer;
· TWO unseen short answer questions and the following extended response;
Explain (cause and effect language) how work patterns have changed over the past twenty years. Possible changing work patterns can include;
· Flexible working conditions
· Technology change
· Changing employee expectations
· Casualisation of the workforce
· Feminisation of the workforce
· Work-life balance
· Your response needs to be supported with evidence from the ‘Australian Bureau of Statistics’ and other sources.
· You must submit a completed bibliography and the scaffold at the start of the lesson. Students are not permitted to use the scaffold during the task.
Criteria for Assessing Learning
Students will be assessed on their ability to:
· Demonstrate Knowledge and Understanding of different types of employment and changing work practices.
· Demonstrate Skills in evaluating research to determine the extent to which traditional workplaces have changed over time.
· Communicate using appropriate commercial terminology and concepts in a structured response.
All My Own Work
By submitting this task I acknowledge that it is all my own work.
Where I have used the work of others in my task I have acknowledged this...