1. What are three ways the COVID-19 Pandemic has affected the Hospitality tourism industry??
-consumers have been spending most money at grocery stores instead of dining out like they used to
-90% of hospitality workers in Canada will lose their jobs due to COVID-19
-Cancelled all parties of 50
2. What is a concern a restaurant owner might have during the COVID-19 Pandemic??
Fear of having to shut down therefore slowly losing money and if they get closed for too long they may not have enough to open up again once allowed
3. The Hospitality Industry is making many changes during COVID-19 Pandemic. What are some examples of what they are doing?to protect their business, staff, and public? (Ex. hand sanitizers, etc.)?
Everyone has to stand the 6ft apart along with wearing masks everywhere. Hand sanitizer stations are set up everywhere for staff and customer use. Stores are now limiting the amount of people allowed in at a time and they have arrows showing you which way you have to walk through the store to avoid contact with people. Curb side pick-up is now also available to allow people to order ahead so they just have to pay and get their items totally avoiding going inside the store.
4. How is a way that restaurants have accommodated their business during the COVID-19 Pandemic??
Take out and limiting tables available inside is one way they switched things around. And inside you have to wear a mask until you?re at your table but once you stand up to leave the table your mask must be put on again.
5. How has grocery store business changed, as a result of the decline in the restaurant industry??
Sales have gone up due to the fact that they?re busier and some money t...