Topic: Development of the self in Society
1.1. What are values?
Values are important, lasting beliefs or ideals shared by the members of a culture about what is good or bad and desirable or undesirable.
They help us to determine what is important to us. Values describe the personal qualities we choose to embody to guide our actions; the sort of person we want to be; the manner in which we treat ourselves and others.
1.2. Mention THREE qualities that ensure good relationships.
· Respect for each other – Respect is the cornerstone of any healthy relationship. It means that you recognize that your partner is a whole person, and not just a way to get something that you want.
· Demonstrate trust - You must be able to trust your partner, and your partner must be able to trust you. And both of you should give the other person reason to trust. It is important to remember that trust is hard to earn but easy to destroy.
· Honesty -You have to be willing to share what’s going on, no matter how ugly. You can’t hide behind lies and deception if you want your relationship to last. Honesty helps foster trust and a belief in each other, which is crucial to making it over the long haul.
1.3. Briefly explain FOUR cultural views that affect relationships.
· Religion – Just imagine a Christian dating a Muslim. If they are both religious, a lot of fights could arise from this.
· Being of different races – Being in a relationship with someone of a different race may be acceptable with you but not your family and the community. Although it has become a norm in the white and black society it is still a problem in the Indian society. People would always be pointing and talking about you behind your back.
· Economic differences – If on partner comes from a wealthy family and the other does not. The family will always be questioning if she married him for him or his money. Problems would arise between couples over money issues all the time.
· Miscommunication - Miscommunication occurs especially if he/she speaks a different language and come from a different country.
1.4. Critically evaluate FOUR ways in which the media impacts on values and belief about relationships.
Social media is changing our relationship styles in several important ways.
· First, the media allows us to connect with more people more rapidly.
· Second, it’s easy to overestimate the level of intimacy of our online relationships.
· Third, it makes us more susceptible to a sort of social media contagion effect, which means you may possibly start adopting behaviours, attitudes, and beliefs from those within our social network.
· Fourth, social media facilitates comparing ourselves with others, which may have positive or negative effects.
Topic: Democracy and Human Rights
3.1 Explain any FOUR principles of democratic participation that you have studied.
· Human Rights
In a democracy, every citizen has certain basic rights that the state cannot take away from them. These...