Remember the Titans Video Sheet Questions:
1. What was integration in 1971 at T. C. Williams High School? Why was it such a problem?
· Having White and African-American go to same school
2. What position is Coach Boone put into when he is told that he is appointed head coach of the football team with:
Coach Yoast: he feels he is taking his job
the black community: feel for the first time that an African-American has been given a leadership role in the community
3. Coach Boone applies the statement, “this is not a democracy” to his players and coaching staff. How effective is this as a leadership approach? Why?
· Effective because he needed to bring his players together and they would have voted along racial lines
4. How is music used in the movie to initially show the separation of the groups and then bring them together?
· Music shows the cultural division that exists between the two groups
5. What does Gary Bertier learn about his leadership and attitude from Julius and the Rev?
· Playing favorites – protecting everyone- not standing up to his friend Ray, and protect Rev
6. Coach Boone takes the team on the night run to where 50,000 men died at the battle of Gettysburg. What was the fight that they are “still fighting today?”
· Fight between races
7. Before the first game of the season, Coach Boone tells the team that they are already winners. Why does he believe this?
· They pulled through rac...