Directions: Examine how humans have an impact on the environment. Research either a food chain or food web that naturally exists in the ecosystem and describe the negative impacts that could happen to one or more species if humans continue to interact negatively with the environment.
· Use specific details and examples in your response.
· Use and cite at least two sources.
· Your response must be at least 400 words long.
· Include both in-text citations indicating where you used your sources and full references at the end.
· For the full reference, best practice is to include the author name(s), publication date, title of the article/book/webpage, and where you found it (a URL is fine).
Humans impact the environment's food web in many ways. Us killing plants because of pollution also kills animals who rely on those plants for food and survival. We affect lots of animals by constantly overfishing and hunting. The animals impacted by the hunting are elk, wolves, and cattle. If we continue to overfish and hunt, we are putting animals, fish, and wildlife in danger of extinction. If one species of a living organism goes extinct, it will also put all the others at risk of becoming extinct. We, as humans, are the dominant consumers. We affect the food web through not only overfishing and hunting but also energy production, agriculture pollution, and even habitat destruction. We affect our environment's aquatic ecosystem and soil by constantly demanding food, shelter, and population growth. All the tree chopping to build homes and businesses is taking away homes from wildlife, and the greenhouses used for crops and plants are affecting the air pollution for wildlife. “Though technology is making the lives of humans easier and more comfortable. It poses a significant threat to the environme...