Copyright © Edgenuity Inc.
1. Describe a time in the debate when you drew on your preparation by referring to evidence
2. Describe a time in the debate when you learned something new and integrated that new
information into your own ideas or response.
3. Describe a time in the debate when someone challenged another speaker’s reasoning,
evidence, ideas, or conclusion.
4. Describe a time in the debate when you responded thoughtfully to a different viewpoint or
5. Describe a time in the debate when someone made a point and backed it up with strong
reasons and evidence.
rom informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and ... Introduce one or several of the evidence logs to your class before you start ... Explain that the goal throughout the unit is to collect evidence .... thinking later when you are debating or when you are writing your essay. 3.
This chapter describes some of the main insights from research on how people ... Additional information from research on how undergraduate students learn science ... Each time Wirth's students complete an out-of-class reading assignment, for .... explanations—they may have difficulty integrating new knowledge with their ...
Arguments are claims backed by reasons that are supported by evidence. ... people making arguments, responding to one another--not simply restating ... If a claim about liberal arts education is so challenged, a response with a reason could ... specific instances need to be representative of the broader trend or idea they ...
In this instance, the term argument refers to "a reasoned attempt to convince the ... You want the audience to accept your point of view about the topic whether it is gun ... One cannot, for example, debate whether or not the Los Angeles Dodgers won ... In track and field, one commonly finds the Accutron used to time running ...
This handout will define what an argument is and explain why you need one in most of ... In fact, making an argument—expressing a point of view on a subject and ... in college is or has been debated by someone, somewhere, at some...