Learn the basics of Google Ads
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads is an online advertising tool that helps businesses connect with their customers. You create your online ad, tell Google Ads who you want to reach, and Google Ads brings your ads to them. That’s basically it.
How does it work?
Step 1: Set goals (i.e. increase sales and target younger customers)
Step 2: Be more specific (think about how younger customers spend their time)
Step 3: Set budget
Step 4: Create clear and relevant ads that include a link to her site
Step 5: Set up targeting (age, geographic radius, etc.)
*Campaign goes live!*
Sales and reach increase
What are the benefits?
1. Connect with customers when it matters
Google Ads has a sophisticated targeting system that helps you show your ads to the right people, in the right place, at the right time. Use keywords, location, demographics, and more to target your campaigns.
2. Control your costs
Google Ads gives you complete control over your budget. You choose how much you spend per month, per day, and per ad. There’s no minimum.
3. Improve performance
Google Ads shows you how many people see your ads, what percentage of them click to visit your website, and even how many click to call you. With these tracking tools, you can even see the actual sales your website is generating as a direct result of your ads.
Choose where your customers see your ads
Google Network: Search + Display
Search Network: people find you by linking your ads to common search terms
Appears on: Google Search, Google Shopping, Google Maps, Google Play
Display Network: leverages rich media formats on sites that have content related to her targeting, can select placements, topics and audiences for her ads
Appears On: YouTube, Blooger and Gmail
1. Text: includes a headline, website URL and a description (usually with a call to action)
2. Shopping: Show an image with product and pricing information, ideal if you are managing a large amount of inventory
3. Call only: Facilitate a phone call to your business by directly clicking on the ad, useful for driving phone calls from devices that make calls
Search or Display:
4. Text with extension: Text ad with additional detail like an address or phone number
5. App promotion: Send your customer to an app store to download your app or direct the customer into your app through a deep link
6. Responsive: adjust to match the pages and apps that show them. Viewers are more likely to see these ads because they blend in with the content the viewers came for. Responsive ads can go a long way to help build awareness, influence consideration, and drive action.
7. *Image: Display ad that can show on partners’ websites
8. *Video: show on sites with Video Players (i.e. Youtube, Hulu, etc)
9. Rich media: often include animation or other types of motion
*Shows on Search Partner Networks, but not on Google Search Network
Create effective text ads
An effective text ad includes: a clear headline,...