2014-2016 Key Indicators
· Graduate High School
· Have a baby girl
· Started my first job at a fast food place
· Bought my fist car a 2015 Toyota Corolla
· Started community college (college of the sequoias)
· Completed 2 years in community college
· Transfer to Brandman University
· Working on my Bachelors in psychology
· My daughter started preschool
· Got my dream job at the prison.
· Malaysia Airlines Flight 30 disappears.
· Oil prices crashes
· Ebola strikes West Africa
· Robert Williams passes away.
· Prison escape in New York
· US presidency election
· Orlando night club shooting
· Olympics in Rio
· Sadly, Trumps wins’ presidency.
· March 8 when a Malaysian Airlines flight from Kuala Lumpur destined for Beijing vanished. No crash site, debris or sign of any of the 239 missing people on board have ever been found and the search continues to this day.
· Robin Williams, 63, committed suicide in his California home on August 11
· David Sweat and Richard Matt, both convicted murderers, escaped from the maximum security Clinton Correctional Facility in upstate New York on June 6, crawling out of sewage pipes and digging through cell walls
· the Orlando nightclub shooting, which was the deadliest mass shooting in United States history
· The Olympics captured the attention of the entire world and was marked with many milestones: Rio became the first South American city to host the summer games, the United States celebrated having the most overall medals
Week Five Signature Assignment
December 2, 2018
After doing all my research I found out many major things that happened a few years ago that I didn’t even remember anymore. Starting with 2014 which was a year of unusually frequent airplane accidents. The first plane that disappeared was Boeing 777 carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. The plane got lost on March 8 and, despite the largest and most expensive search in aviation history, there has been no confirmation of any flight debris, resulting in many unofficial theories about the disappearance. The disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is a mystery for the ages. How does a plane just vanish? Especially in an age of instant global communication? Nine months after the plane carrying 239 people from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing disappeared we are no closer to any answers. It might have been a tragic accident. Or it might have been hijacked. No one knows. The plane lost contact with air traffic control over the South China Sea, where territorial disputes abound. Nonetheless, Malaysia, China, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Australia, and the United States all contributed to the search effort, making it a great instance of international cooperation. That’s not to say everyone was happy...