PROGRAMME HET: DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
MODULE INFORMATION SYSTEM 2A
MODULE CODE INS210
NQF LEVEL 6
DUE DATE TBA
TOTAL MARKS 100
PASS MARK 50%
EXAMINER THABISO MATHEBULA
MODERATOR FRANS RAMPAI
This question paper consists of 4 pages including the cover page.
Read the following instructions CAREFULLY:
1. Your assignment should be typed – Arial font 12; 1.5 spacing; Justified (ctrl + J))
2. Use the Harvard method of referencing.
3. You must consult at least three different sources or preferably journals for adequate
4. Assignments must be presented in the correct format. Marks will be awarded in conjunction
with contents for overall presentation as per marking rubric.
5. Ensure that your name and the name of your campus are clearly indicated on the cover page of
6. Keep photocopies of all assignments handed in.
7. Plagiarism and copying of assignments will result in the default mark 0% being awarded. This
is also a punishable offence, which will lead to a disciplinary action.
8. It is in your own interest to present your work neatly.
DECLARATION OF AUTHENTICITY
I, the undersigned declare that:
I understand what plagiarism is and are aware of the Damelin’s policy in this regard.
The work hereby submitted is my original work, gathered and utilised to fulfil the requirements of
this assignment except for source material explicitly acknowledged.
I have not used work previously produced by another student or any other persons to hand in as
I have not allowed, and will not allow, anyone to copy my work with the intention of passing it
off as their own work.
Signature of Student Date
QUESTION 1 (28 marks)
1.1 Since a DBMS is collection of programs that manages the database structure and
controls access to the data stored in the database. Discuss six (6) advantages of
1.2 Discuss eight (8) types of databases (16)
QUESTION 2 (17 marks)
2.1 Discuss four (4) building blocks of every data models (8)
2.2 Discuss three...