Sec 2 IP Maths EOY test 1
1. U-shaped curve passes through the point and has a minimum point of . Find when .
2. Given that , and , where . Find the value of
3. Two consecutive positive odd numbers and are such that . Given that the sum of their squares is 4234 and . Find the value of
4. Given , find the value of without finding .
5. 6 men were required to build a bridge 20 metres long in 18 days. On the 4th day, 2 men fell ill and thus could not work for 2 days. On the fifth day, they were tasked to extend the bridge for an additional of 5 metres in 10 days’ time. How many more men should be hired to complete the orders within the deadline?
6. Have you ever wondered how magnifying glasses work? Take a look at the illustration below
a. Point O is the foot of the Object. O’ is the top of the object, mark O’ on the diagram.
b. The vertical 2-arrowed line represent the magnifying glass. The long un-arrowed line is called the principal axis, it is the perpendicular bisector of the glass. Notate these 2 on the diagram.
c. It is given that any light ray from the object parallel to the principal axis will be bended such that the light ray will intersect with the principal axis at the ‘focal point’ of the magnifying glass. Notate focal point F and this light ray on the diagram.
d. F’ is the focal point on the other side of ...