Children’s Program Coordinator – Early Start
Temporary Full Time
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre provides programs that strengthen and enrich the lives of children and parents in the Edmonton area. Programs are delivered using a holistic approach to support the emotional, physical and intellectual needs of children and families in the community.
Reporting to the Children’s Program Manager, the Children’s Program Coordinator provides direct supervision to the program team responsible for the delivery of coaching, early childhood development and respite care. The Coordinator conducts intakes, supports the development, implementation, delivery, and review of the program, and ensures the program adheres to health and safety policies, program best practice, childcare licensing regulations, implementation of the Alberta Curriculum Framework and accreditation standards.
Norwood Children’s Program is a child-directed, learn through play environment for children birth - 5 years old. Positive play experiences and opportunities are aimed at fostering optimal development of communication skills, appropriate problem solving/cognitive skills, optimal physical development, as well as, social/emotional skills.
The successful candidate will:
· Participating in program reviews/evaluations to ensure services provided are appropriate and meet outcomes
· Providing direct supervision, support and ongoing feedback to program staff who deliver the Early Start program
· Conduct performance evaluations that reflect ongoing feedback to the Program Manager and adhere to the agency’s performance management policies
· Link program plans and individual staff performance plans to agency strategic goals
· Investigate any staff incidents, assuring all records are completed and notifying the appropriate authorities, and/or the Program Director or Executive Director
· Implement appropriate documentation and protocol measures, best practices in conjunction with Norwood’s policies and practices, funder requirements and program outcomes
· Participate in the recruitment process, including updating job descriptions and conducting interviews
· Ensuring the program is delivered following Norwood Child and Family Resource...