1) The purpose of the above political cartoon to illustrate the concept of
2) Which event was most recently preceded the creation of this cartoon?
Blitzkrieg of Poland (B)
3) The purpose of the above cartoon is to illustrate the concept of
4) Which of the following leaders
WINSTON CHURCILL (C)
5) Why were the leaders of European democracies seen as “spineless”
THEY THOUGHT GIVING HITLER WHAT HE WANTED (B)
6) Which statement most closely mirrors the author’s perspective
WAS EFFECTIVE (B)
7) The excerpt above is evidence that
THERE IS ONGOING DEBATE TO THE NECESISITY (D)
8) The excerpt above is evidence that Eisenhower believed that
TRUMAN WAS NOT JUSTIFIED (C)
9) All of the following are reasons the author did not support
JAPAN’S MILITARY LEADERS KNEW THE SOVIETS (A)
10) The soviet union signed a nonaggression pact with
11) What prompted Great Britain and France to declare war
GERMANY INVASION OF POLAND (B)
12) What event occurred on the day described as “a date
ATTACK ON PEARL HARBOR (A)
13) Where were atomic bombs dropped?
HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI (C)
14) Who organized and oversaw the demilitarization of Japan?
U.S. ARMY (A)
15) What were the Nuremberg laws?
LAWS SLOWLY PICKED AWAY AT THE JEWISH POPULATION (B)
16) Which of the following was addressed at the Nuremberg Trials?
THE HOLOCAUST (A)
17) Who won ww2?
THE USA, ENGLAND, AND THE ALLIED POWERS (C)
18) What was the strategy of the allies to defeat the axis powers?
ATTACK FROM EAST, WEST, AND SOUTH (B)
19) Which of the following occurred on D-Day
ALLIED INVASION OF FRANCE (B)
20) What crucial lesson was learned in the Battle of Britain?
THAT HITLER’S ADVANCED COULD BE BLOCKED (B)
21) How did Kristallnacht demonstrate Nazi persecution of Jews?
NAZI TROOPS ATTACKED JEWISH HOMES, BUISNESSES (A)
22) The German blitzkrieg was a military strategy that depended on?
SURPRISE AND OVERWHELMING FORCE (C)
23) What country did Germany conquer in September 1939?
24) What happened to the Sudetenland?
GERMANY ANNEXED IT (B)
25) What happened to the rest of Czechoslovakia?
IT WAS ANNEXED TO GERMANY IN 1939 (A)
Life of Pi is a novel by Yann Martel that takes place in the middle of an ocean. The story revolves around a young boy called Pi and a tiger named Richard Parker. A ship crashed somewhere in the middle of the ocean and only Pi and Richard Parker survived the shipwreck. Pi and Richard Parker stay on the lifeboat together and use each other in order to survive. Survival is key for the two of them, without each other, they would not survive. Pi has his own will to survive and so does Richard Parker. Pi will do...