Raoul Dufy, a French Fauvist painter, born June 3, 1877, Le Havre France-died March 23, 1953, Forcalquier France. Dufy belonged to a family who had an interest in art and especially musical, thanks to them they helped spark the creativity and innovation that we saw in Raoul. He is famous for his bright coloured and decorative artwork, always portraying happiness and joy.
Nice, the old casino (1927-28):
Description: I see a vast blue sky and the sunset in the distance, meaning that it is late in the afternoon. There’s the moon in the background very faint but still noticeable. I see a big building on the left hand side, it looks like a temple or a casino as the title prompts in a Middle Eastern setting. There are palm trees and dozens of people walking and there are horses, it looks like a small city that has the ocean just in front of it.
· The subject of this artwork is to portray a small city in summer
· The art form is a painting
· The style of this painting is that it is very joyous and colourful. It also has a lot of blue, which is a colour that was very common for Dufy to use
· The casino of Niece was made by oil painting and was done on a canvas
· The art elements that I can see in this painting are colour, texture, value and shape.
· Colour has been...