Great Britain Research Josiah Licorish
· During the war, most soldiers died. In the United Kingdom, around 6 million men were mobilized, and of the 6 million men, just over 700,000 lost heir lives, which is around 11.5%
· One estimate of how much money was spent during World War 1(using U.S. dollars) is, for the Allies, about $147 billion on the war. Of the $147 billion, Britain and its Empire spent around $50 billion themselves
· During the war, Great Britain and Russia were in an alliance together against the Central Powers. However, Great Britain and Russia’s relation became strained when the Russian revolution started in 1917 and Great Britain began to distrust Russia.
Why is Germany to Blame?
· Germany declared war on France(who hadn’t declared war on anyone yet)because they expected France to ally with Russia(who only had beef with Austria-Hungary).Great Britain was obligated to declare war on Germany because they violated Belgian neutrality and attacked France through Belgium. Great Britain had a deal with Belgium that if Belgium gave Britain access to their ports the Great Britain would have to protect them from enemy nations. And the United States declared war on Germany because of German submarine warfare. So, the way Great Britain viewed the war was: Germany turned a local conflict between Austria-Hungary and Russia into an unnecessary world war. And consequently, Germany was the responsible party.
· Britain could be regarded as the number 1 power in Europe due to the fact that they had most control of the seas. Their main method of controlling the seas was blockades and commerce
· Great Britain strongly believed that one of the best ways to punish Germany was to take away some of their land, and that Great Britain deserved some of that land because they were the main attackers in the war for the Allied Powers.
· A buffer zone is generally a zonal area that lies between two or more other areas, but depending on the type of buffer zone, the rea...