The Great Depression Portfolio
Academic - complete any 7 activities plus the folder Applied - complete any 5 activities plus the folder
1. LETTERS/DIARY ENTRIES(2) - Reflect actual thoughts, feelings, issues - dates/persons being
written to are identified.
2. ANALYTICAL GRAPH /CHART - Graph is properly set up, information used is accurate, an
analysis shows a clear understanding of information.
3. POEMS (2) - One or both may be created by self-depicting an aspect of the Great Depression - one or
both may be collected with the author's name included and a reflection of the poem(s).
4. POSTER - Create a poster dealing with some aspect of the Depression - should be neat,
colourful, accurate as to its linkage to the Depression.
5. PROFILE - Set Up as a newspaper article - should focus on a significant individual from the
6. NEWSPAPER CLIPPINGS - 2 articles neatly displayed, newspaper name/date included - analysis
showing link to the Depression - can be from today or time period.
7. SONGS - Collect two songs and display the words - one or both songs may be from the 1930's or from...