1. Worksheet Chapter 10 "Prayer"-We will go over questions you need to know.
2. Study Guide-Google Classroom
Study Guide-Unit 1
1. What are some false notions of God?
b. Domineering/Terrifying c. Stoic/Disgusted 2. Who is God according to Jesus?
a He uses the name "Abba," a caring and compassionate Father.
b He reveals God as a merciful Father in the Parable of the Prodigal son.
3. What does Jesus teach us about forgiveness?
a. To forgive 7 times 70.
b. "Forgive us our trespasses as forgive those who trespass against us".
c. Love our enemies.
d. "Forgive them for they know not what they do" 4. How is God a merciful God?
a. He really is Abba, who has unconditional love as the Father of the Prodigal son.
b. God rally does want to forgive and heal in order to turn our lives around.
c. Accept His forgiveness and invite God into the depths of your soul.
d. God offers to forgive us every thought, word, action, and omission that we have committed against him, our neighbor, and ourselves.
5. Spiritual Works of Mercy a. Bear Wrongs Patiently- "Bless you who curse you" Luke 6:28 b. To Forgive All Injuries-The purpose of forgiveness is reconciliation with God.
c. Comfort the Sorrowful-Jesus says "Come to me all who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest" d. To Pray for the Living and the Dead-The Book of Maccabees-It is good and wise to pray for the dead e. Admonish the Sinner-Admonishment is not an accusation but a consoling voice...