1. Traffic data is data which contains all the conversation between two or more people by any means of communication. It permits the data investigation for the following measures:
i. To discover the type of communication.
ii. To track the source of communication.
iii. To know the duration, date and time of communication.
2. Location data helps to find or detect a user from the fixed network or mobile network. It basically provides location of user. It includes communication over the phone, on internet, access and email data the exact locations where the communication was made.
3. The difference between content data and non-content data is content data is all about the written text in the message or mail or spoken words in a conversation. This type of content is protected under the fourth amendment to the U constitution. Whereas non-content data is a type of data not only limited to dial phone numbers, all information of customers such as name and address and personal email address of the sender of the message and the recipient. These types of data are not protected by the law.
4. Electronic Communication Privacy Act (ECPA) was created in 1986 to check on working of government as in what situation access is provided to check the information of the individual electronic communication. The ECPA permit law enforcement agencies when not to intercept citizens or individuals’ communication data.
5. The following point needs to be specified to ECPA to obtain records by US government agencies:
i. Agencies must follow the complete procedure to obtain a warrant.
ii. The specification of the target of the investigation.
iii. Crime specification of the target person for which investigations are processed.
6. The court of U ruled that one can obtain email...