Why the US came to be
1) Which major war caused the British to heavily tax the colonies? The American Revolution was the war that taxed the colonies because the British would not listen to the American's demands for change allowed colonist to argue
2) What was the Sugar Act and what effect did it have on the colonies? It was an indirect tax, although the colonists were well informed of its presence.
3) What was the Stamp Act? Required Americans to pay a tax on every piece of printed paper they used. Ship's paper, legal documents, licenses, newspaper, other publications, and even playing cards were taxed 4) Why did the Quartering Act cause the Colonists to begin resisting British authority? The British kept coming up with ways to make Americans pay for their taxes and imported goods like tea, so the Americans stopped buying things from great Britain and that started a big riot.
5) Patrick Henry made two very famous speeches. What were they called and how did they affect the mindset of the Colonists? One of the famous speeches was "Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death" it affected the mindset of colonists because they thought it was a good speech so they wanted to change things.
6) Describe the Townshend Revenue Act: It imposed duties on glass, lead, paints, paper and tea imported into the colonies 7) What happened to start the Boston Massacre? British Army soldiers shot and killed people while under attack by a mob.
a. What year was the Boston Massacre? March 5, 1770 b. Who defended the British soldiers at their trial for the massacre? John Adams defended the British 8) What was the Tea Act? Th...