The secrets of Haiti's living dead
1. Clavulus was taken by a “voodoo priest” that forced him to work with “other zombies”. Unlike “other zombies”, Clavulus was reported dead in the US. He saw his sister after 18 years of not meeting. When he met his sister, he told her that he was conscious when he was announced dead. A voodoo patrist enslaved him and he was not able escape until his master was dead.
2. The Haitians formed a secret society to overthrow the french occupation. Unlike other caribbean islands, the Haitians came together to overthrow the French. Which proves that humans need to work together to get things done. The islands that did not come together are the ones who needed more time to gain independence.
3. Voodoo is the most practiced religion by African peasants. Voodoo is a religion originated in Africa that believes in spirit possession. The Voodoo religions believes there is a visible and invisible world. The Voodoo religion is community-centred.
4. The poison is rubbed on the victims skin. Within hours the victim feels nauseated and has difficulty breathing. The victim becomes paralyzed and his lips turn blue due to the lack of oxygen. The victim’s metabolism levels are lowered and become indistinguishable from a dead person. However, the poison could kill the subject instead of merely paralyzing him.
5. Tetrodotoxin is the ingredient that paralyzes the victim. It comes from pufferfish. Tetrodotoxin is used...