Study Guide Answer Key
Typhoid Mary: The spreading of an infectious disease
1. d. Illness transmitted by the ingestion of food or water contaminated with the feces of an infected person.
2. e. Rapidly developing loss of the brain function due to the disturbance in the blood supply to the brain.
3. f. A person or organism infected with an infectious disease agent, but displaying no symptoms.
4. b. Voluntary or compulsory isolation, typically to contain the spread of something considered dangerous.
5. a. Fictitious name.
6. c. An abnormal inflammatory condition of the lungs.
1. False- Typhoid fever is a disease.
4. False- Mary emigrated from Ireland.
5. False- Untreated Typhoid is divided into 4 stages, each being 1 week long.
Fill in the Blank
1. Slow progressive fever, sweating, stomach flu and diarrhea
4. 10% and 30%
1. Careful food preparation and properly washing your hands.
2. Typhoid fever can be diagnosed by any blood, bone marrow or stool cultures. There are many antibiotics to treat Typhoid such as: ampicillin, chloramphenicol, trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole, amoxicillin and ciprofloxacin.
1. Answers may vary. A suggested answer is: Not many peo...