Article 1- What is Rape Culture?
1. I was unaware of the concept and definition of rape culture. I thought the definition was someone that has raped another person more than once.
2. The social trend in the 1970s is when women were just getting a more respective role but still seen as less than men. As of today, women are still seen in some eyes as less than men.
3. Anthropologist- How can rape culture be stopped?
Psychologist- Do you think rape culture should be discussed?
Sociologist- Why are those who have been raped quiet about their experience?
Article 2- Many men talk like Donald Trump in private 1. The reason the video of Trump drew so much attention is because he could have been the future President of America. Trump is also already known to people from his show and is a well-known businessman.
2. Men engage in this type of banter because they see powerful men speaking the same way. If men and boys speak that way, they think it makes them cool or it's funny because it is a trend to speak this way.
3. These ideas correlate with the concepts of deviance and conformity because if another man sees someone getting sexually assaulted, they will look away and act like it is not happening. I think they believe that it is none of their business and it would be best for them to not get involved.
4. In restaurants, men and women both brush off sexual harassment from customers and coworkers in the workplace. They say the reason why they brush off the sexual harassment is because they just want their tip and they don't want to ruin how much money they make. Throughout everyday life, men and women excuse assault and other forms of sexual violence because they are embarrassed to say what happened to them or they think it wo...