“When We Obey God’s Voice”
Dr. Creed says that many times through the years people have asked him, “How did you build the great Independent Baptist Church of Clinton, Maryland”? He says that he has always answered, “I don’t know. I have just tried to keep Christ in the center of everything I do, and God has built His church.
1. When we obey God´s voice, many times God tests us. Vs. 1-2
1) What a great test that Abraham confronted having to sacrifice his only son to God!
2. When we obey God´s voice, many times God makes us willing to go where he wants. Vs. 1 – “…and he said, Behold, here I am.”
1) God is calling many people to serve Him as pastors, missionaries, faithful workers in their church – but most are not willing.
3. When we obey God´s voice, many times God sends people to us to help us fulfill His plans in our life. Vs. 3 – “…and took two of his young men with him…”
1) We can be sure that wherever we go in God´s will, God will stir up some people´s hearts to help us accomplish what God wants us to do with our lives.
4. When we obey God´s voice, many times God sends us where He wants us to go. Vs. 3 – “…and went unto the place of which God had told him.”
1) It is one thing to hear God voices, to be willing to go, to have people help you, but in the long run, we still have to go and we have to stay.
2) In 22 years in the Dominican, I have seen 21 Independent Baptist missionary families leave the field.
5. When we obey God´s voice, many times God allows us to see from afar what He wants us to do. Vs. 4 – “And on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.”
1) It is a scary thing, many times, to look into the distance or the future and try to figure out what it will be like.
2) The fear of the future keeps many from God´s will.
3) Someone sai...