Latest Update to LibreOffice 5.0 Released
The Document Foundation's Italio Vignoli announced the released of the latest update to LibreOffice 5.0 this morning. Version 5.0.4 is a bug fix release and users of that branch are encouraged to upgrade. This release brings over 120 fixes and is said to be "ready for the enterprise."
Vignoli actually said, "LibreOffice 5.0.4 is ready for enterprise level or large scale deployments, when backed by professional level 3 support from certified developers." Most of the fixes seem to involve Import/export filters in some way. Some of the more interesting fixes this release include:
* Corrected size handling including font size handling for EMF/WMF imports
* Fonts lost when printing/exporting to PDF from input dialogs
* General format lost on export to XLSX
* GTK-3 rendering bug that caused black space in the work area & blurred fonts when rotated
* Header/footer not properly aligned when importing DOCX
* Page Orientation is not preserved with mixed properties w/ DOCX
* Bullets lost when saving in OOxml
* Crashing when saving an edit protected file with DOCX
* Line Style drop down missing background colour
* Non-ASCII characters become questions marks in email title
* Slide color inversion during transitions in slideshow
* UI Crash on deleting part of animated gif
The new packages can be downloaded from the usual www.libreoffice.org. As always, donations are most welcome and put to good use. Alternatively, one can purchase LibreOffice items from the new Document Foundation shop. Go check out all the mugs and t-shirt slogans, they'd make wonderful holiday gifts.