Qualification Assessment and Pre-screening Tool
Care Manager applicant: Please complete these questions in order to help us assess your
qualifications for the role of a Humana At Home Network Field Care Manager.
UInstructions on how to properly save this assessment:
In order for us to read your complete responses, please “Save As” this document. This will allow the form to
remain an expandable.
1. Describe your care management experience in a community based or in-home setting:
2. Describe your most professionally challenging case/patient, how did you work with the case/patient?
3. How would you engage a member to accept Humana At Home services?
4. What would you teach a member with CHF or Diabetes about the disease process, and how might
you help them manage their care?
5. What is the greatest number (caseload) of patients you have managed in the past?
6. What is the greatest number of weekly home visits you have managed in the past?
7. How comfortable are you working independently from your home and contacting your
supervisor and other support via phone/email?
8. What is your comfort level working with computer based systems?
1 Describe your care management experience in a community based or inhome setting: I work in a critical unit in a hospital setting but I would love the opportunity to expand my skills outside of a hospital setting.
2 Describe your most professionally challenging casepatient how did you work with the casepatient: I had a patient several months ago that was dying she had cancer and developed DIC and there was nothing the doctors could do to stop the bleeding and we had to give her blood. The physician went in to talk to her about going home with hospice and she didn’t want to hear it or talk to the doctor and told her to get out of the room. I asked the patient if I could speak with her one and one alone and she agreed. I...